Associate Medical Writer
We are looking to expand our talented scientific team, with Associate Medical Writer positions available for life sciences postgraduates with an interest in healthcare communications.
What we offer
- Structured career pathway
- Access to senior-level support to accelerate your development
- On the job training and experience with live projects from the outset
- Friendly, independent culture
- Extensive range of project types
- Competitive salary and benefits
The successful candidate will produce high-quality scientific materials for the pharmaceutical industry in order to increase awareness and understanding of products and disease areas, and to help our clients meet their communication objectives. They will be responsible for:
- Researching and writing a variety of scientific, educational and commercial materials across a range of therapy areas and multimedia platforms for different target audiences
- Data accuracy and balanced interpretation
- Managing editorial projects through all stages of development
- Liaising with clients and external authors to facilitate reviews
- Meeting deadlines and budget specifications
- Providing regular status updates for aligned projects
- Life sciences degree plus MSc and/or PhD
An applicant would need to demonstrate some essential skills, including scientific and technical accuracy; attention to detail; interpersonal and communication skills; organisation and time management; and, most importantly, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
To be considered for this position, you must be a highly organised individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills and the confidence to liaise with clients and colleagues and build good working relationships. You must also have proven ability (while at university or within the work environment) to manage multiple priorities and changing deadlines.
Relevant agency experience within the healthcare communications industry is not essential for the entry-level position.
We want to make a real difference to patients, families and professionals by helping healthcare clients fulfil their promises through great narratives that will challenge beliefs and change behaviours.
Alpharmaxim provides strategic and tactical marketing and communication support, in addition to publication planning and implementation, to a broad range of clients across the pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostic sectors.
Our culture and people
We are a dedicated and creative team with a passion for science and a shared commitment to our clients. Working in an open, inclusive manner, every individual is empowered to contribute, share their ideas and make themselves heard. We learn and grow together, benefitting from each other’s talent and experience to develop our own capabilities and find fulfilment in our work.
Get in touch
Does this role appeal to you? If you would like to discuss this opportunity with us, please contact Catrina Milgate via email@example.com.