Environmental, Social and Governance Policy
IntroductionAt Alpharmaxim, we have responsibilities that go beyond our business objectives. We are committed to monitoring and reducing our environmental impact, to ensuring that our staff are supported and feel valued, and to making a positive impact on our local community and the wider world. We expect all employees and third parties to comply with all applicable laws and to align with the principles we’ve outlined in this policy.
EnvironmentalAlpharmaxim aims to reduce their impact on the environment as much as possible.
Hybrid workingRemote-working options are available to all staff. This allows us to reduce the travel time, and therefore the carbon footprints, of our staff.
Reduce, reuse, recycleAlpharmaxim have dedicated recycling bins in their office for a variety of materials, and these are maintained by a dedicated waste management company.
Find sustainable suppliersWhen procuring services, Alpharmaxim prioritises suppliers who maintain ethical and sustainable practices.
- Alpharmaxim is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce and to eliminating unlawful discrimination.
- The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
- Alpharmaxim is also committed against unlawful discrimination of customers and the public.
Employee performance and development
- Alpharmaxim is committed to the training, development and progress of all staff, who will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential so their talents can be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
- All staff members undergo regular performance management reviews to ensure that objectives and training needs are met.
- Alpharmaxim allows staff to take one day per year to help out at a local charity of their choice.
- Alpharmaxim aims to use their social media channels and website article pages to promote disease awareness days, in line with our healthcare objectives.
- The Alpharmaxim company offices are equipped with an ample number of toilets and washbasins. Our contract with a water cooler company ensures that all employees have access to clean drinking water and that the water coolers are well maintained. We also have a staff kitchen where it is possible to eat and prepare meals.
Healthy working environment
- All equipment is well maintained, and we take care to ensure that there are no obstructions in floor-traffic routes. Windows can be easily opened to ensure ventilation when necessary, and they are cleaned regularly. The office is also air conditioned to ensure a comfortable and consistent temperature.
Stress at work
- Alpharmaxim makes every effort to ensure that staff are not placed under unreasonable and undue pressure to complete work, flagging resource requirements ahead of time to avoid unnecessary anxiety.
- In the event that workload does become unmanageable, staff are advised to report this to their line managers, who will ensure that the necessary steps are taken.
- Alpharmaxim nurtures a culture of participation. Staff should also take action if they see that a colleague is unhappy and struggling to undertake their daily duties so that correct training can be provided.
- Alpharmaxim offers its staff access to a 24/7 telephone counselling service and mental health advice, as well as virtual physiotherapy, discounted health insurances, virtual gym classes and discounted gym memberships.
Display screen equipment
- Display screen equipment (DSE) workplace assessments are performed to ensure that equipment and furniture is suitable. Staff are encouraged to take regular breaks from DSE work to reduce risk.
- Alpharmaxim provides free eye tests for all employees and is committed to contributing to the costs of new glasses if they are required for DSE use.
- Home workers are required to self-assess their workstations.
First aid in work
- Alpharmaxim encourages staff to undergo emergency first aid at work training with the British Red Cross. A fully stocked first aid kit is kept on the premises.
- Alpharmaxim maintains a log book for the reporting of workplace injuries.
- Alpharmaxim has full employer’s liability insurance.
Compliance with legal policies and ethical code of conduct
- All Alpharmaxim employees receive guidance regarding gifts, expenses, confidential company information and data security upon commencement of employment.
- Alpharmaxim ensures that all staff are fully trained and informed on issues relating to conflicts of interest and industry regulations, and internal structures have been put in place to ensure compliance.
- Alpharmaxim is committed to the principles of the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
- Our recruitment practises are designed to ensure that all candidates have the right to work in the UK.
- We do not enter into business with any organisation, in the UK or abroad, that knowingly supports or is involved in slavery, servitude and forced or compulsory labour.
Compliance with pharmaceutical industry regulations
- Our pharmaceutical and biotech clients work in a rapidly changing environment in which they must contend with an increasing number of regulatory requirements and best-practice guidelines that exist to help ensure quality and compliance.
- In order to help our clients remain compliant and to achieve a high level of quality in all ventures, it is company policy that our employees become familiar with and adhere to all current and applicable guidelines and codes of practice. These emanate from a variety of regulatory bodies (e.g. MHRA, ABPI, PMPCA, EFPIA, ICMJE, EMWA, AMWA) and range from regulations and codes of conduct on the promotion of medicines and how to interact with healthcare professionals (e.g. ABPI code of practice for the pharmaceutical industry; EFPIA code on the promotion of prescription-only medicines to, and interactions with, healthcare professionals; Sunshine Act) to requirements and guidelines for good publication practice (e.g. ICJME recommendations [including some on clinical trials registration]; Good Publication Practice [GPP] for pharmaceutical companies; the Consolidated Standards of Reporting Trials [CONSORT]).
- Alpharmaxim has a ‘speak up’ policy, whereby staff members are encouraged to promptly raise concerns with their line managers about suspected breaches of compliance to ensure that issues are reported before problems develop.