We are looking to expand our talented scientific team, with positions available for experienced Medical Writers looking for their next challenge.
What we offer
- Structured career pathway
- Access to senior-level support to accelerate your development
- Opportunities to play to your strengths and make your mark
- Friendly, independent culture
- Extensive range of project types
- Excellent work-life balance
- Options for hybrid working
- Competitive salary and benefits
The successful candidate will produce high-quality scientific materials for the pharmaceutical industry in order to increase awareness and understanding of products and disease areas, and to help our clients meet their communication objectives. They will be responsible for:
- Researching and writing a variety of scientific, educational and commercial materials across a range of therapy areas and multimedia platforms for different target audiences
- Data accuracy and balanced interpretation
- Managing editorial projects through all stages of development
- Liaising with clients and external authors to facilitate reviews
- Meeting deadlines and budget specifications
- Providing regular status updates for aligned projects
- Life sciences degree plus MSc and/or PhD
An applicant would need to be solutions-focused and demonstrate experience and skills in key areas, including, but not limited to:
- Scientific/commercial writing, with the ability to adapt to different therapy areas/audiences
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of a number of therapeutic areas/medical products
Additionally, some experience of mentoring, briefing and reviewing work, budgetary awareness and the ability to contribute to budgeting and proposal development would be desirable, as well as the willingness to participate in brainstorming and pitches.
To be considered for this position, you must have relevant agency experience within the healthcare communications industry, including in-depth experience across at least two therapy areas, excellent communication skills and an awareness of client strategic priorities.
We want to make a real difference to patients, families and professionals by helping healthcare clients fulfil their promises through great narratives that will challenge beliefs and change behaviours.
Alpharmaxim provides strategic and tactical marketing and communication support, in addition to publication planning and implementation, to a broad range of clients across the pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostic sectors.
Our culture and people
We are a dedicated and creative team with a passion for science and a shared commitment to our clients. Working in an open, inclusive manner, every individual is empowered to contribute, share their ideas and make themselves heard. We learn and grow together, benefitting from each other’s talent and experience to develop our own capabilities and find fulfilment in our work.
Get in touch
Does this role appeal to you? If you would like to discuss this opportunity with us, please contact Catrina Milgate via firstname.lastname@example.org.